Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

2008’s a very special year for me. I got into UM for education course, although it’s not a real dream for me, I don’t really have dream anyway, but I know that God has a plan for me. I’m healthy, I get to know more friends, my relationship with my family is still very good, though I always disappoint my parents by my laziness both at home and at university, I’m still keeping touch with my old friends, and most of all, I get to know God more.

I spent the last few hours of 2008 in Sungai Wang with Alan and LiChin. My plan was originally stayed in the room and does some reading and then went out with course mates to DTC there for a little countdown + photo shot but then the plan’s changed last minute to go to Sungai Wang. We reached there at around ten pm and there’re mountainous of people there. That’s really called ‘people mountain people sea’ which I finally see it for my own eyes. There’s concert going on which local singers were invited to perform for the night. I know non of their songs except from Golf and Mike, a Thailand group but unfortunately people were just too many I couldn’t see their performance very clear. People were squeeze into the crowd, pushing each other, the air was full of perspiration smell, hot, humid, body smell. Some people sprayed bubble spray to each other, making people looked like they grew some white hair on their head. The countdown was nice, people shouted out the numbers in unison, and when the time comes, roars of cheers and laughter came and many people sprayed the bubble spray into the air. The smell of the bubble spray was just unbeareable, my nose felt like full of white bubble. Lucky we hide fast so out body were not covered with the foams. There was fireworks too, due to our location, we were not be able to watch them probably, just a little corner we could see, but it’s at least better than nothing. The place looked like a disaster after the countdown’s over. The ground’s full of bottles, empty bubble spray bottles. It’s really hard to walk so everyone walked slowly, cautiously, and squeezing-ly. Malaysians, never know where rubbish bins are, the ground’s the nearest and easiest-to-throw rubbish bin. Then I reached college at 2 something pm, we came back via monorail and lrt, the passengers were really mountainous, some people were too excited they cheers in the monorail too which I didn’t like it very much, while LiChin and Alan walked back together through INTAN gate.

The first day of 2009 I spent it in Melaka with church cell group members. Anna, Jessica and me went Pudu in time while we met Ming Hui and Josh in the middle of going there. The bus's half an hour late then later we reached melaka at 12:25pm. The weather's great. We had chicken rice as our lunch, we didn't manage to go to the famous oldest chicken rice shop because the queue's just too long. The chicken rice're rolled into the shape of small sphere which was very new to me. I've heard of it before, this's my first time seeing it, i thought it was fish ball when i saw it. Later on we had cendol for dessert, the cendol's ok, i like it since there're many things inside, i didn't very like it since there're too many nuts inside and the santan made it sweeter and sweeter when i was eating it. I like old buildings in melaka, they're so many stories for behind them, the arqitecture's attracting, the chinese there speak mandarin, everything looked so comfortable. We departed from melaka at 6pm then reached kl two hours later. That's it, a day in melaka, one of the most historical state in malaysia, i should visit more places in melaka next time.

Both days i went out, there're people got sick. LiChin and MingHui, hope you recover soon.

2009, here it starts...

1 comment:

Natalie Tan Li Chin a.k.a SmoothTan said...

hmmm...update update!!! sry lar...i was all grumpy before and on the new year itself.